Pray for Unreached Peoples
We would like those working alongside of us to pray for the unreached peoples of the world. Basically, an unreached people is a unique ethnic group that has less than 5% of the people among them claiming any affiliation with Christ, and less than 2% of the people claiming to actually know Christ. Often the percents are much lower, down to even 0.00- there may be no known Christians in the group.
Each month of the year, we are going to have a different focus, working from East to West through the 10/40 Window. The 10/40 window is a geographic space on earth from the just north of the Isles of Japan south to the Philippines, and then across west to the West Edge of Africa. It includes about 57 countries and 60% of the world’s population, It includes China, India, Pakistan, Nigeria, and Sudan. There are a few countries I will be asking you to pray for that are not technically in the 10/40 window, but are nearby and need our prayer. One such country in Indonesia. Here is a picture of the 10/40 window.
Our focus each month will be upon unreached peoples in countries within or near the 10/40 window.
If you want some help on what to pray, see this link to a pdf on How to pray for unreached groups/nations
- January– Japan, Philippines, North Korea, Taiwan, and rest of the world
- February– Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, Laos
- March– China, and some Indian peoples
- April – China, and some Indian peoples
- May – China, Mongolia, and India
- Joshua project information (China and India together comprise about 2.5 Billion people; that’s over 1/3 of the world- so plenty of prayer for the peoples there is warranted)
- September – central/west Asia (Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, and Russia- Joshua project information
- October– Middle East and Eastern Europe – (Iran, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Yemen, Qatar, Bahrain, Jordan, Turkey, Israel, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Iraq, Bulgaria, Syria, Lebanon, Romania, Ukraine, Belarus, Latvia, Estonia, Moldova, Serbia, Hungary)
- November – Africa (east and South) (Sudan, Ethiopia, Egypt, Zaire, Uganda, Kenya, Somalia, Eritrea, Rwanda, Tanzania, Angola, Zambia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Botswana, South Africa, Congo, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea- now many of these south african nations are highly Christian- so my focus will be more upon those in northeast Africa)
- December – West Africa (Nigeria, Chad, Niger, Tunisia, Mauritania,Libya, Central African Republic, Cameroon, Algeria, Morocco, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Cote D’Ivoire, Ghana, Burkina Faso, Togo, Benin, Mali)
Unreached People of the Day – from Joshua Project